Judgment Modifications

A Judgment is the final document in a divorce or parentage action that sets forth “permanent” orders on support, visitation, custody, and division of assets and debts, etc. After entry of Judgment, it becomes much more difficult to modify these orders because the Court requires a showing that something significant has changed in order to modify the orders.

Fortunately, our office has experience setting aside default Judgments that are unfair and biased, and modifying Judgments when the circumstances have changed and your Judgment needs reviewing. Modification can include increasing or lowering your spousal and child support payments, changing the custody and visitation schedule, or setting aside a Judgment that was entered against you on default.